Friday, February 17, 2017

Waking OliviaWaking Olivia by Elizabeth O'Roark
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 a breath of fresh air stars

description


You know what I love? I love it when I read a book that is COMPLETELY different from many of the other romance novels I have read. Waking Olivia fits that to a T!

Our heroine, Olivia, is an amazing runner who made a name for herself at her previous school-and not a good name at that. Known for her explosive temper and her seemingly spotty talent, Olivia transfers to a new school and is immediately disliked by the sexy track coach, Will.

Will see's Olivia for the first time and immediately knows she is trouble. Judging her purely based on her looks and her past discrepancies, Will makes life hell for Olivia- both on and off the track field.

"If I were being reasonable, I'd say I couldn't blame them. Olivia isn't just beautiful. Something compels you to look at her even when you don't want to, like Medusa. The difference is that I realize Olivia could probably turn you to sone with her withering glare, while the rest of the these idiots are completely blind to it."

Wills' distain for Olivia takes a turn one faithful night when he see's her doing something that she couldn't deny or lie about the next day (which is something she was famous for). She is then forced to spill her "secret" to him and from there its a whirlwind romance that ultimately ends with our hero being just that- a hero.

What I loved most about this book was the banter between Will and Olivia. Both characters are witty and created so many one-liners that are SO hilarious!
"You're attractive. That's all I was saying."
A tiny warmth weaves its way through me. It shouldn't. I should't care what he thinks.
"I'm attractive, huh?"
He walks away. "Don't worry, your personality ruins it..."


I seriously loved this book. It is so much for than an 'enemies turned lovers' romance and I truly hope all who are reading this review will one-click this book immediately!

description

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment