Saturday, February 18, 2017

IncapableIncapable by Marie Skye
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

"Three things. Three things that are all I'll ever ask of you. Never lie to me, never say anything you don't mean, and always give me your pleasure. It's the only things I want."

So although I finished this book a week ago, I have been struggling with what to rate this. So here is why I ended up giving this book 3.5 stars...

What I liked:
*Grayson was great. He was a hot alpha male and he definitely found his way onto my book boyfriend list of 2016.
* Emmalin made a great heroine. Although she was submissive, she did fight for what she felt was right and wrong in terms of their relationship.
*Great sex scenes in this book. Super steamy!
*The cliffy at the end was pretty good. Did not see it coming and it made me wonder how it will play out in the next book.

What I didn't like:
*I had a VERY hard time keeping up with who was talking. In one paragraph, there were as many as 5-6 back and forth conversations happening...super confusing.
*I found MANY grammatical errors while reading. Not sure if the book is still in beta or not as of 1/20/16. If it is, please ignore this!
*I found this to be a jumbled mess at times. First the book reads as a typical romance, but then changes into something I didn't feel fit into the book at all. (view spoiler)
*Read a lot like a 50 Shades fan fiction book...which is a major no-no for me! It even includes the "you don't play fair" quote multiple times in the book!

Will I read the next book? Probably. I do want to see where the author takes that crazy cliffhanger!
Much luck to Marie Skye in all of her future endeavors! :-)

description

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment