Friday, February 24, 2017

The Hurricane (The Hurricane, #1)The Hurricane by R.J. Prescott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5+++ safe is boring stars

description

description


What I loved ❤
-The main characters Emily and O'Connell were literally the most adorable book couple ever. Both broken in thier own ways and yet, they were just what eachother needed to be whole again.

"For some crazy reason, O'Connell had chosen me, and like the hurricane that he was, he'd blown into my life whether I was ready for him or not"

-I loved Emily's nickname in the book- sunshine. It wasn't some stupid pet name that most of our heroines are unfortunately called in a lot of the books. It had meaning to each of the boys who Emily surrounded herself with and it was truly heartwarming.
-Although it was a dark book, there was definitely a ton of swoon-worthy moments between Emily and O'Connell. They were completely adorable together.
-LOVE books in which the heroine and/or hero are coping with bad childhoods/messed up pasts. I know it sounds odd- but just hear me out. When they do finally find someone who makes them see the good in themselves and allows them to accept love again, I feel like the end result is THAT much more gratifying and I am left reading the book with tears in my eyes and a stupid shit-eating grin on my face. What can I say? I'm a sucker for those types of romance novels!
-Great fighting scenes. Definitely a few 'edge of your seat' moments!
-The sex scenes were VERY hot and VERY steamy. The chemistry between O'Connell and Emily was INTENSE and that just added to the "steamy-ness" of the scenes. Whew. They were hot. Did I mention they were hot? No? Okay, they were hot.
description

-The guys that train at the gym with O'Connell are great. They are protective of both Emily and O'Connell and I couldn't help but fall in love with them! Not to mention they were pretty hilarious and the back and forth banter between all of them had me literally laughing at loud at times. They all NEED a spin-off...hint hint R.J. Prescott
-The character of Danny was definitely my favorite. He becomes a father figure to Emily and I loved the relationship he had with all of the boys at the gym.


There was seriously nothing I would change about this book. It was the perfect package of everything I look for in a dark romance novel! I can't wait to read what else this author has in store for us!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment