Saturday, February 18, 2017

Priest (Priest, #1)Priest by Sierra Simone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 sinful stars

description

This was, hands down, one of the hottest books I have ever had the pleasure of reading.

Let's start off with Tyler. Poor Tyler. A man who clearly has not gotten over the loss of his sister, he finds himself in the one profession that played a hand in causing her death. People are writing in their reviews that Tylers' thoughts were WRONG and there is no way that he could have been as devoted as he said many times that he was. But hear me out. He was devoted. He was devoted to erasing the stain that the church left after the scandal involving his sister. And keep in mind, he says many times the type of man he was before his sisters death. Just because he devoted his life to God, doesn't mean that he can completely change EVERYTHING about himself. He was a man drowning in grief; so judging him for being HUMAN and finding someone who just so happens to bring him joy- is wrong, But that's just my opinion.

So why 4 and not 5 stars? Look no further than the heroine, Poppy. I did not like her...AT ALL. She came across as some slut hellbent on going after Tyler and making it her goal to get him to go against his vow. She even researched what he looked like after her first confession- only after THAT did she start acting like a whorish "poor little rich girl".
description

Was it taboo? To me- not really. I am not Catholic. Being a Jew certainly took the taboo away from this book. Do I know that what Tyler and Poppy did was wrong? Yeah, sure. But it definitely didn't shock me or compare to ANY of the taboo books I have read. So before you attack my opinions in this review, just know that my opinions are purely based on what little I know of Catholicism and the importance of Priestly vows.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment