Friday, February 17, 2017

The Rule Book (The Rule Breakers, #1)The Rule Book by Jennifer Blackwood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 HILARIOUS stars

description
"Lainey Taylor Rule of Life #46
A girl should be properly kissed in the snow at least once in her life."


What I loved:
*Lainey. Omg. That woman was SO damn funny and relatable. She is hands down one of my favorite book heroines. The amount of 'face-palms' I did during the book were too numerous to count. She was just such a klutz...and I loved it.
* The 'clothing funeral' that Lainey threw with her friend after the elevator "ate" her favorite Chanel cardigan.
"Another tradition we started in high school was clothing funerals. Whether a fashion trend died before we were ready to let go (I will never get over the baggy jeans fad) or something was beyond repair, we'd honor our favorite outfits by giving them a proper good-bye"
*How Lainey took the RIDICULOUS rules Brogan gave to his employees and made her own rules for her life.
*Brogan. oh mannnn Brogan. He was a complicated man, but damn, I loved him.
*The sexual tension between Brogan and Lainey.

What I didn't love:
*Despite the huge amount of sexual tension between the heroine and hero, there were no explicit sex scenes to go along with it. This might just be a matter of personal opinion, but I like my romance books to be hot and steamy.
*The ending felt a bit rushed to me.

I would definitely recommend this book to all of my fellow romance junkies. There is nothing more refreshing than finding a heroine that you actually DON'T want to slap every ten seconds! This is definitely one of the funniest romances I've read!

description

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment