Saturday, February 18, 2017

Condemned Series:  Books 1-4 (Condemned, #1-4)Condemned Series: Books 1-4 by Gemma James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

**5 STARS**

Here is my review these books:

Torrent:
5 AMAZING STARS!
LOVED this book. This book goes so much further than the typical kidnapping books I have read. It's very rare that you come across a book of this genre where BOTH of the characters (not just the kidnapper) have some deep seeded issues that need to be brought to the surface. I felt remorse for both Alex AND Rafe as the events of the book play out and their secrets come to light. Great book.

and omg...Rafe... YUM.

--------------------------------

Rampant- 5 AMAZING STARS!!!

--------------------------------
Fervent:
5 dark & delicious stars
**arc won in a contest!**

description


Holy shit. Let me just start off by saying that this series just gets better and better! I feel like I have been waiting on baited breathe for this book since finished Rampant, and let me tell you- his book did NOT disappoint me in the least! It's equally, if not more, darker than Rampant- which is ALWAYS a plus for me! Not to mention the many twists and turns in the book that have you wondering which of the many characters you have gotten to know throughout the series are actually who you thought they were!

This book had so many quotable lines, I really couldn't pick just one of favorite quotes. So I compiled a list! Enjoy!

Favorite Quotes:

"But I needed his kiss. No matter what came next, I wanted the taste of him with me, on my tongue, branded in my memory. Maybe I could survive if I had that to hold on to."

"They had everything they needed to tear me apart, all wrapped up in Alex De Luca"

"Some people believe in that old adage, 'an eye for an eye'. I'm underwhelmed with that saying. When someone wrongs me or mine, I don't stop at the eye"

"She trusted me with her life. But was she wise in trusting me with her heart?"

"That's what I love about you. I love you for your strength, because I have none. I love you for the way you make me feel, because I feel nothing when I'm not with you."

Do yourself a favor and READ THIS BOOK! It will stay with you days after you read it!

--------------------------------
Vagrant:
4.5 I'm so sad this series is over stars
**arc kindly provided by the author! thank you Gemma James!**

description

description

OMG. What an emotionally charged ending to this amazing series. At this point, it's safe to say that the reader knows Rafe and Alex like the back of their hands. You've come to love this couple and to see them go through the final test of their love is truly bittersweet. I am going to miss reading about this amazing couple!

The book opens to a very depressed Alex who is mourning the loss of Rafe. She finds herself, yet again, having to pick up the pieces of her life and try to move past the heartbreak.

"Time hadn't dulled the pain, hadn't eased the betrayal of abandonment. I'd finally accepted he was gone, and that meant I had nothing left to do but live."

Without giving away any spoilers, just know that this couple is not finished fighting for each other. The inner demons that chips away at them comes to light in this book and it makes for a very emotional read. Rafe still believes that Alex is too good for the likes of him, and Alex still holds on to the memory of the mistake that she made years before that changed the kind boy she loved into the intense and angry man that he is today.

"The worst decision of my life had ricocheted for years, not only destroying Rafe but the lives of so many others."

We've seen this couple overcome MANY obstacles, but the biggest test lies in this book. Can love truly conquer all? Or is the burning need for revenge be what destroys them? You are just going to have to read and find out!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment