Thursday, February 16, 2017

Riot (Scarred Souls, #4)Riot by Tillie Cole
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 more than just our numbers stars

description

The book begins where Ravage left off. Valentin is in New York with his love, Zoya and his sister Inessa (number 152), has now been transferred to the Blood Pits. While under the rule of her new and very cruel Master, she meets number 901, the Master's best fighter.

"As Master guided us around the pits, it took all that I could muster not to look back to the champion's training area. To the large beast that dominated it's domain. The male with the cruel eyes. The infallible killer. The Pit Bull of the Arziani empire. Master's living god among men."

Although their relationship started off as a matter of 'need', it quickly turned into 'want' as they found solace from the terrible blood pits in each other.

"Moy prekrasny," he whispered, and I closed my eyes as the words attached to my soul. My beautiful...His."

The book switches narrative back in forth from Inessa and 192, to Luka. Luka, Zaal, and Valentin concoct a plan to help free Valentin's sister, Inessa from the Blood Pits. Will their plan work? Will 192 and Inessa be able to survive under their Master's tyrannical rule?
description

So, why 4.5 stars and not 5 stars? Well, there was a point in the book where there were literally 7 different people who were identified by their numbers being talked about and honestly, I had a hard time keeping up with which number belonged to whom.

description

Tillie Cole is one of my favorite authors and will continue to be so. Her writing is truly poetry and this book was no exception. I truly felt like I was down in the Blood Pits with Inessa and 901 and feeling all of the emotions the characters felt.

This book is NOT a standalone and does require you to read the first three books. The book order is:
Raze
Reap
Ravage
Riot

I highly recommend you check these books out because they are truly amazing!

description

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment