Saturday, February 18, 2017

AbsolutionAbsolution by L.P. Lovell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 "love is a sin" stars

description
"Is this really sin? Because it's beautiful and I want to burn in it if it is. This is sin and sin leads to hell, and I'm okay with that because I would dance in the flames of that inferno at this very moment. To feel this way, like I'm wanted and adored, I would pirouette with the devil himself."

Having absolutely LOVED the Wrong book series by these two authors, I knew that this book would not disappoint me.

Evie and Ezra were totally fucked up in their own way. But, together they were created an crazy and unstoppable duo. Loved both of these characters.

"He is my god, and I am his sinner. And when I love him like this, he is my absolution."

I mean honestly, what's not to love about this book?

Great sex scenes ✓
Great BDSM scenes ✓
Dark as shit ✓
A strong heroine ✓
A messed up alpha male ✓

What brought the star count down on my rating was the fact that Evie was a bit too messed up for me to TRULY connect with her. She was downright psychotic at times! I often found myself wondering if Ezra egged this on too much as well. I mean, she traded one obsession (killing men) for another; him. Ezra knew this and yet, he allowed it to continue and even helped the obsession along. I guess, in a sense, it was their own fucked up version of love.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment