Monday, February 27, 2017

Crown of Lies (Truth and Lies Duet, #1)Crown of Lies by Pepper Winters
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 all things worth fighting for are crazy stars

description
"Say yes and you're mine and whatever comes next is my choice, not yours. You'll answer to me. I'll do whatever the hell I want. Sometimes, you'll hate me. Other times, you'll be grateful for my interference. Most of the time, you'll probably want to kill me."

As the book begins, we meet Elle. She is an heiress to a major clothing company called Belle Elle. One night, she decides she needs to experience freedom. While experiencing said freedom in NYC, she is robbed and almost raped by two men. Enter Nameless, her rescuer. From there, she has a whirlwind adventure with him- which includes sneaking into Central Park. That night, Nameless is arrested for sneaking into Central Park and according to the police, a while list of other offenses. That is the last time Elle see's her mysterious hero.

description

Three years later, Elle still thinks about him. However, there are two new men in her life. One is the son of his fathers business partner, and the other is a pompous asshole who wants nothing more than to take from her. Having no feelings for the son of her fathers business partner, she decides to literally give all of herself to the asshole...aka Mr. Everett aka Penn. She begins a whirlwind lust filled romance with Penn, who wants her body- and nothing more. But always in the back of her mind, is the man who saved her life all those years ago. She couldn't deny the stark difference between the two men.

"Nameless had been the hero. Penn was the anti-Christ. One saving, one damning. I knew which one I preferred."

And yet, there were subtle similarities between the two. Could she just be relying on her fantasy that Nameless is still around and hoping it's Penn? Who really is Penn? Could this domineering man possibly be the man she has been obsessively hoping to find for three years?

description

Overall, I enjoyed this book. I read it in one sitting and found the mystery surrounding Nameless quite interesting. The reason for the 4 and not 5 stars is due to the fact that I saw NOTHING redeeming in Penn. He, on many occasions, would say things that made me mumble "god, what a dick". He is a true anti-hero. Why she gave herself to him is totally beyond me. That being said, I cannot wait to see what becomes of Elle and Penn in the next book!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment