Friday, February 17, 2017

The Contract (The Contract, #1)The Contract by Melanie Moreland
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 stars!

description

"No, Richard. You aren't despicable. I think you're lost. You haven't let yourself feel. Once you do, once you allow yourself to connect to someone, I think you'll find this world is a much better place. Love doesn't make you weak. Real, honest love- it makes you strong."

Ah! Loved this book!

So the story plot is as follows- an eccentric, rich and womanizing man named Richard is looking to leave his old job after being passed up for the role of their new partner. In order for him to go to the new company, he needs to prove to his potential new boss that he has left his playboy ways behind him and currently in love with a woman. Richard and his associate come up with a plan to convince his assistant, Katharine, to go along with his ploy.


Katharine (great name, if I do say so myself!), is far from Richards' "type". The thought of pretending to LOVE each other is something difficult for both of them. She finally accepts his proposal to be his fake fiancé thanks to the huge paycheck that comes with the job. Katharine is having a hard time keeping up with the ever-growing fee to keep her Aunt in a nice nursing home.


I loved Katharine. She was such a headstrong woman and doesn't take crap from anyone- especially not Richard.

"Well, it seemed I now had a fiancé. I was engaged to a man who disliked me, but was willing to try to overlook it, so he could get a new job and piss off his old boss. Certainly, that was the stuff that dreams were made of."

She was a witty, smart, and totally shares the same distain for Richard as he does for her. The two of them bump heads many times throughout this book, and I absolutely loved it. Katharine takes NO shit from Richard and in turn, Richard finds himself confused about the mousy and shy woman that he originally thought she was.


Richard was difficult to like in the beginning. I kept muttering to myself "ugh, what a dick" during many of his snarky remarks to Katharine. But like many alpha males, I slowly grew to love him, just like Katharine! You follow their relationship from the beginning and you truly fall in love with him right along with her. Her emotions and feelings very much mimicked how I would be feeling throughout most of the book and it made her character quite relatable.

I must warn you though. There is one scene in this book that literally had me sobbing. Prepare to ugly cry. Prepare to ugly cry so hard that it puts Kim Kardashians ugly cry face to SHAME!
Yes, WORSE THAN THIS:
description


Melanie Moreland outdid herself with this book. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all of her novels, but this one was so different from the others. As soon as I heard the premise of this book, I KNEW I had to read it. Thank you so much for the opportunity to read and review this book, Ms. Moreland!


description

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment