Saturday, February 18, 2017

Playing for KeepsPlaying for Keeps by J.C. Grant
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

2 wasn't a fan stars

CAUTION: UNPOPULAR OPINION REVIEW AHEAD!

ARGH! I hate writing these reviews, I really do. I know all of the blood, sweat, and tears authors put into these books and I feel like I am basically stepping on all of that by expressing my opinion.

That being said, a lot of things in this book didn't work for me...

1. The hero and heroine had the worst case of insta-lust I have ever seen. This leads me to believe one thing- both characters are clearly unhinged.
2. It takes 7 pages for the author to describe what the heroine thinks when she first see's our hero. SEVEN PAGES! Seven pages of "omgggg my panties are wet!" and "omggggg he looks so good!" (not direct quotes!)
3. The hero is CREEPY AS FUCK! He meets her, wants her, programs his phone number into her phone without her knowing, and demands a date. This is within their first meeting. And he get's even creepier from there. SUPER obsessed and SUPER controlling. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love those alpha male types- but this one bordered on psychotic.
Everything about you is my business now. You want to pretend like we don't have something between us? Fine. I'll take care of everything. You just keep breathing..."
This was after their first date.
4. The heroine (view spoiler)

But I have to admit, the sex scenes were pretty steamy and detailed. That's what prevented this book from being a one-star.

I wish nothing but the best for this author in their future endeavors and I am not one to give up on an author based on one 'not so good' book.

description

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment