Saturday, February 18, 2017

Edge of Chaos (Love on the Edge, #1)Edge of Chaos by Molly E. Lee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 beauty in chaos stars
description


OMG. What an amazing debut novel.
Take the movie Twister (1996), add in a pinch of domestic abuse and a sexy hero who saves the day...and VOILA! You Have Edge of Chaos!

What I LOVED about this book:
*The author did an amazing job at twisting together the tornado theme with Blake's emotions. "Tears finally trailed down my cheeks, the pressure of the world building around me like a supercell"
*The emotional abuse that Blake endured from Justin was VERY accurately portrayed. To those who have never experienced emotional abuse from someone you love, Justin may seem a bit over-the-top. But that's the point isn't it? The author WANTS you to yell at your kindle, screaming "WHAT THE HELL! LEAVE HIM ALREADY!" But hearing Blakes thought process throughout the whole thing makes her come off like less of a doormat, and more of a girl that is clearly trapped. Justin uses guilt to trap Blake into their toxic relationship and I found my heart breaking for her the entire book.
*Hail the bulldog. Enough said.
*Dash. Omg, Dash. What an amazing amazing hero in that he truly saves her- in every way. He is completely aware of the game Justin is playing with Blake and he approaches the subject with care and concern, not anger and judgement. That's why I believe he gets through to her when no one else can. That, and he's sexy as hell.
"He ripped you apart, Blake. And I know this sounds horribly...guy of me, but let me help put you back together."
"Someone has to save you sometimes, since you're constantly doing it for someone else."

*The tornado scenes were INTENSE! WHEWW!
*I loved the relationship between Blake and Dash. The connection they have with each other and their love for tornadoes set this book apart from a lot of other romance novels I have previously read.

I finished this book with a HUGE grin on my face. I still am in awe that this was a debut novel. Seriously, it was THAT good. I cannot wait to see what else Molly E. Lee writes in the future!

description

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment