Friday, February 17, 2017

SnowboundSnowbound by C.J. Martín
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 cute stars

description

"I can't help myself. I knew better. I fucking knew better. One taste of her wasn't going to be enough. My body burns for her. Craves her."

Overall, this was a cute and light romance novel. It was surprisingly well written considering it was from a debut author!

The hero, Vik, was sexy and broody (just how I like my book boyfriends) and the heroine, Elena, was very funny and very relatable. There was definitely huge amounts of sexual tension, but the whole push and pull between them got old. Another thing about this novel that really irked me was Viks nickname for Elena- Gigs; short for giggles. I'm sorry, but it was hard to take anything Vik said to or about Elena seriously when he called her Gigs. He clearly liked Elena and all, it's just that the nameGigs doesn't really evoke much passion or seriousness when heard.

This book was not really my cup of tea, but I can definitely see how other people enjoyed the book.

I wish nothing but the best for this author and I do look forward to reading her future work. :-)


description

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment