Sunday, April 23, 2017

REVIEW: Erased by Sansa Rayne

Erased: A Dark Romantic ThrillerErased: A Dark Romantic Thriller by Sansa Rayne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 stars

description

I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by this book! This is my first read from this author and I honestly didn't know what to expect. Having said that, I am very glad I agreed to review this book, because I totally enjoyed it!

what I liked
-The heroine, Marla, was a total badass. I LOVED her and her 'take no shit' attitude. She had these great one-liners that she used on her captors that were so hilarious, that I literally laughed out loud. After being discovered to have killed one of the captors, one of the other ones came into the room. Instead of begging for mercy, she looks at him and says something along the lines of 'you're next' to him. Totally amazing.
-As many of you know, I LOVE me some dark reads. This one was definitely dark and I loved every second of it.
-The author did a great job at describing the different settings that Marla found herself in. I could picture each and every room she was in with great clarity.
-I found myself rooting for Marla from the beginning. In a lot of these 'kidnapping romances', I find the heroines to be so annoying that I honestly would think to myself 'ugh, would they just kill this bitch already?' But that was NOT the case with Marla.

what I didn't like
-The hero, Gabriel. Didn't like him at all. He had no redeeming factors and I honestly wanted better for our kick-ass heroine. I felt like he was her weakness, and not in a good way.
-I felt that some of the book was a little too wordy for me. Some of the scenarios could have easily been described in a page, but instead stretched on for many.

That being said, I really did enjoy this book. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good kidnapping romance and especially to anyone who likes their books nice and dark !

description


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment