Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Review: Damnable Grace by Tillie Cole

Damnable Grace (Hades Hangmen, #5)Damnable Grace by Tillie Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 +++ times infinity stars

“Repentance is a form of sorrow, AK. Grace is a form of joy. We have shed tears for every sin we have sowed. It is now time for us to smile. Smile and chase the light. Embrace the blessings we have been given. Together.”

OMG. TILLIE COLE. WOW. JUST WOW.

description

First let me just start off by saying, that the amount of feels I have right now cannot be put into words. I laughed. I cried. I bawled. I sobbed. & of course, I swooned. Hardcore. AK was such a complex character and the way he cared for Phebe- gahhhhhh be still my heart.

description
I gotta say, at first I was very iffy about Phebe. I mean, I was in love with AK since the beginning, but it took me a while to warm up to her. That is what is so amazing about these books, with each book you learn more and more about EVERY character and thus, your opinion about them changes. For instance, I no longer see Flame as some fucked up psycho. I no longer see Ky as some manwhore. I no longer see Ryder/Cain as the asshole who I disliked pretty much up until the middle of Deep Redemption. And now, I no longer see Phebe as a dutiful follower of the cult. Her backstory is just as heart wrenching as the rest of them and by middle of the book, my opinion of her completely changed. She was a victim, just as much as Mae, Lilah and Maddie were and I totally felt for her.

I also loved reading more about Lil' Ash and especially Vike! Omg. That asshole is HILARIOUS. I will not be able to look at pineapples again without thinking of him. So. damn. funny.

Needless to say, I need the next book as much as I need air.

description


W3Schools


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment