Thursday, April 13, 2017

Don't Speak by Katy Regnery Review!

Don't Speak (A Modern Fairytale)Don't Speak by Katy Regnery
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 we make our own rules stars




GAH! I LOVED THIS BOOK! I've been on a 'fairy tale retelling' binge lately, and this book is by far one of my favorites!

The book follows the lives of Laire, an Islander who dreams of more and Erik, who is North Carolina royalty. Laire meets Erik while delivering crabs to his vacation home and OMG that scene made for a lot of laughs. Yes, crabs has something to do with that exchange. From there, Laire meets with Erik in secret for fear of her father finding out that she isn't dating an islander like she is supposed to. I would write more, but I really don't want to spoil anything! But let me tell you, you will SWOON over Erik. Seriously. He has his flaws, but is definitely book boyfriend material in my opinion.

“Darlin’, I have loved you since the first moment I saw you. My feelin’s only grew deeper that summer, until the only future I could imagine included you. I was destroyed for any other woman.”

I loved how Katy Regnery incorporated the original The Little Mermaid into this story. For example: there is a seafood place called King Triton Seafood and Erik compares Laire to a mermaid when he first see's her. There were a lot more subtle similarities to the movie and yet, the book was very different from the original story. The story started off very similar to the film, but took on a life of it's own.

I absolutely LOVE what she did with this story and I cannot wait to read more from her!

follow me
twitter
my blog

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment