Thursday, March 16, 2017

A Kindled WinterA Kindled Winter by Rachel L. Demeter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 hands and hearts stars

Let me start off by saying that I LOVED THIS BOOK! It literally had everything I love about romance novels, all wrapped up in a beautifully written package. Thus, proving that Ms Demeter is not just a historical romance writer, but that she can write contemporary romance as well!

I like my heroes:
scarred on the inside ✓
scared on the outside ✓
with a sordid past ✓
low self esteem (except in the bedroom!) ✓
sexy ✓

I like my heroines:
also with a sordid past ✓
strong ✓
relatable ✓
funny ✓

Yep, she hit all of them!


What did I love the most about this novel (and pretty much every other novel she writes)? The way she describes things in the book. Take for example, an approaching storm. "Thunder boomed in the distance, growling like some caged beast. With each passing second, the rain grew heavier and the sense of unease reared inside of her gut. It crept beneath the surface of her skin and twisted around her pulsating heart. Even the beautiful scenery seemed to grow threatening and ominous."
In most other romance novels, you get something along the lines of how Ollie Williams from Family Guy reports the weather:
description

Trust me when I tell you, this book is not to be missed!

Now if you'll excuse me, on to her next book...


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment